Friday, June 30, 2006

Just a rant

My house is a hotel. I have lost track of the number of people who I have picked up and dropped back - to airports, railway stations, bus stops, other people's homes, interviews, temples, church, Elephanta caves, Cuffe Parade, Borivali National Park. Family. Distant family. People I didnt know were family. Friends. So called friends. Friend's friend. Someone's brother's son's business partner's friend (Not kidding). Unknown Hungarian women. Women who looked like Big Ethel. Men who burnt the pressure cooker. Men who ate up all the Godiva chocolates. Other people who have not kept in touch. People who dont keep in touch except when they need to accomodation. For 4 hours between 2am and 6 am. For 14 days. For long weekends. During office hours. After office hours. With babies. With babies who poop on the floor. With boxes of telecommunication equipment. With idols of Mary and incense sticks. I have cooked, cleaned, washed and entertained till I cant do it anymore.
Someone once suggested that I should take photographs of each visitor and put it up on a soft board with date of arrival/departure etc.
I am seriously considering it now.
Wasnt there a piece Ruskin Bond once wrote with echoes of similar sentiments? Maybe I should frame that and put it on the wall. Or this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heh Heh said...

glad to have you back. where is the snap from?

7/02/2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger no name said...

How interesting :)

I hope you write more- SOOn.

9/23/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger the mad momma said...

:o) oh well then your house is just the Bombay version of mine.. some of us were born to be suckers!

2/13/2007 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home